D.O.B:          July 27, 1943
Sex:            Female

Diagnosis:      September, 1992
Medication:     October, 1992

Medical Indications:

        1.      parkinson's
        2.      hypertension

Medications:

        1.      HCT/Triamterene         25/50   x 1
        2.      Selegiline              5 mg.   x 2
        3.      Sinemet                 100/25  x 3
        4.      Amitriptyline           25 mg.  x 5
        5.      Oxazepam                15 mg.  x 1 (as needed for sleep)
        6.      Provera                 5 mg.   x 1 (each day for first
                (Medroxyprogesterne)                 for first ten days/month)
        7.      Vitamin E               400 IU  x 1 (when I remember)
        8.      Vitamin C               1000    x 1 (when I remember)

Comments:

1.  HCT/Triamterene:    Date:   1989 (ish)
                        (To lower blood pressure)

2.  Selegiline:         Date:   September, 1992
                        (Felt dizzy.  Dr. recommended taking one every
                         other day; then one every day; and then slowly
                         add in the second one.)

3.  Sinemet:            Date:   February/March?, 1994
                        (Took one at lunch, one at dinner, one at breakfast.
                         When I took the fourth one [lunch, day 2], I had
                         a reaction:  dizzy, clammy feeling, cold sweat.
                         Dr. recommended starting very slowly again.)

4.  Amitriptyline:      Date:   March/April, 1994
                        (Prescribed for depression and also for its
                         anti-cholinergic effect to ease the twisting of
                         my left foot which was causing knee pain.  Side
                         effect most noted and most aggravating is dry mouth.
                         Chewing gum or eating an apple help.)

5.  Oxazepam:           Date:   March/April, 1994
                        (Taken as needed for sleep...usually on those
                         nights when I have to work the following morning.)

6.  Provera:            Date:   Early 1992
                        (Taken first 10 days of each month to prevent
                         heavy bleeding.  Stopped taking it in October, 1995)

In 1990, my left shoulder was causing pain.  The rheumatologist could
find nothing wrong in the x-rays.  Physiotherapy didn't help.  He
injected cortisone into the shoulder and the pain went away.  A year
later the pain was back and he injected coristone again.

In 1992, the shoulder pain was back and also knee pain.  The
rheumatologist referred me to a neurologist who noted lack of arm swing,
dragging left foot, slowness of movement and carpal tunnel syndrome in my
left hand.  She diagnosed Parkinson's and prescribed Selegiline.

In 1994, following a very traumatic event, my symptoms worsened.  Tremor
in my left arm; expressionless face; very slow movements; foot twisting;
and knee pain.  Sinemet was prescribed and symptoms improved except for
the foot and knee pain.  Physiotherapy helped some but an ankle-foot
orthotic and cane were prescribed and most of the knee pain is gone.

I have an appointment scheduled with another neurologist in late February
to discuss my options to increase/alter my current drugs because my
symptoms are worse again and I tire very easily.

Thank you, Patrick for volunteering to assemble all of this information
for us.

Barb