My Dad was diagnosed with PD a year ago.  He quit smoking about 15 years ago
because he got the flu one year, went into the hospital and the Doctor told
him he had spots on his lungs.  The flu was so bad and hard to get rid of it
scared him I think.  He hasn't smoked since then but if you asked him today
he would tell you that there is probably few things in the world he would
rather do that pick up a cigarette and smoke it.  He started smoking when he
was about 10 years old (so he says) and was probably mid 50's when he quit.
So he definately doesn't fit in with the theory of smoker's not getting PD.
Instead he fits (I believe) under the theory about chemicals causing it.  He
breathed paint fumes most everyday of his adult life until he retired at 65.
That was 7 years ago.

Nancy Walker