                  * * * * * * * *
Greetings from   * * * snowy * * *  Baltimore, MD.

There is now is a new web page, which has turned out to be an
advertisement for the PD Network. The URL is:

   http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pd_digest

One of my perennial new year's resolutions is to "get more organized,"
and one of the things that really needed organizing was all the info I
download from this forum. At the same time, I was curious about
publishing a WWW page, so decided to combine the two. The result is
this site.

The page part was easy: what turned out to be hard was trying to
organize all the information on any given subject that is contained
in the archives. If anybody would like to be a web "co-spinner" and
research and add topics, please let me know. Take a look at the site
and you'll see what I mean; I've barely scratched the surface so far
(and I've already added about 1 mb of info). I'll be revising the page
probably daily as I go through my backlog, and download new postings.

My goal was to retrieve and organize all the postings on a subject,
eliminating the "noise" (requests for info, repetitive msgs, etc.),
thus making it easy to get to the real information. Searching the
archives gets you there, but you usually have to plough through a
lot of extraneous material to get to what you are looking for.

Note that the objected-to "long postings" are included here, like
John Cottingham's wonderful instructions, text of the Udall bill,
etc. However, I don't think a site like this should be an alternative
to posting on the Network, but rather a supplemental lookup tool.

Well, this is long enough. Like our snow is deep enough! I welcome
any comments, suggestions, etc. on the page.  (Send e-mail to the
webspinner on the home page if you visit, or to me/the network here.)

Margaret Monty                                    "En Snowius Deburius"
[log in to unmask]   (motto of the Buffalo, NY blizzard of '77)