---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Patrick's survey
Date:    96-01-01 16:01:11 EST
From:    JudithS802
To:      [log in to unmask]

Name:Judith Show
e-mail:([log in to unmask])
Zipcode:92064
DOB:7/4/40
Weight:170
Sex:Female

Parkinsons diagnosed:12/30/91
Symptoms started:At least two years previous
Medication started:12/30/91

Medical indications:
1.tremor
2.muscle pain and toe pain
3.bladder incontinence
4.general weakness
5.sweats
6.stiffness
7.insomnia
8.low blood pressure
9.lightheadedness and dizziness
10.dyskinesia
11.muscle spasms

Medications

NAME                  DOSAGE
1.Sinemet CR        50/250 1/2 pill every 4 hours
2.Sinemet              25/100 1/2 pill as needed
3.Imipramine          10 mg 1 pill twice a day
4.Vitamin E            400 mg
5.Vitamin C             500 mg
6.Ditropan               discontinued
7.Urispas                discontinued
8.Benadryl              discontinued
9.Urispas                discontinued
10.Ativan                discontinued
11.amantidine         discontinued
12.Eldepryl             discontinued 10 mg 2 a day
13.Permax             discontinued 0.05 mg 2 three times a day

COMMENTS:
1.Started immediately on Sinemet 25/100 1/2 three times a day and slowly
increased to decrease tremor and stiffness so as to work as medical
transcriptionist.  As dosage increased, blood pressure dropped and
lightheadedness and dizziness increased.
2.Eldepryl increased dizziness and lightheadedness.
3.Permax increased dyskinesia.  I lost 15 pounds from dyskinesia and tremor
in three months.
4.Ditropan and Urispas increased constipation.
5.Insomnia had been treated with Benadryl and Elavil both of which decreased
in effectiveness.  Ativan 5 mg a night helped for awhile but was stopped when
imipramine was prescribed.  At present taking no medication, I sleep 2 to 5
hours a night but as neuro says at least I get some rest.
6.Exercise (water aerobics three times a week) increased general strength.
7.Stopped work a year ago because of lightheadedness and dizziness.
8.On present regimen, I have off periods with stiffness, sweats and tremor
but low blood pressure becomes a problem with increase of Sinemet.
 Imipramine helps incontinence.  I am having increasing muscle spasms at
night.  At present I use a cane or walker.

Thank you for all the info and advise.  As Alan said reading similar stories
helps me to know I am not alone and medical regimen alone does not control
this disease.