Dear John,
I find your procedure on how to find information on the listserv very
useful.
I have noticed that some incorrect information arrives after the = sign
as shown. The listserv will not accept the 3D as shown.Do you know why
this change occurs?????
Thanks Henry Guttentag ([log in to unmask])

//DBlook   JOB   Echo=3DNo
Database Search DD=3DRules
//Rules DD *
select blue glasses in parkinsn

Don't put anything else in the message even your signature. SPACING is
CRITICAL between the words.

The word JOB (see above) requires 3 spaces before and after.

The line that begins with //Rules DD requires a space before the=20
* (asterisk).

Explanation:

 The word SELECT(caps just for emphasis) is a command that the listserv
understands to tell it to look for the word or words just before
IN(caps
again just for emphasis).  In this test message, the words, blue
glasses=20
are what we want the machine to look for.=20

 The words, IN PARKINSN tells the listserv where to look for blue=20
glasses, which is in the parkinsn database.

 The parkinsn database includes all the notebooks which hold the
Parkinson
messages, since day one.  Don't confuse the word Parkinson with the=20
database name which is parkinsn.=20

 The word INDEX(caps again just for emphasis) is a command that
tells=20
the listserv to send you a list of messages that con