Hi everyone,
This is my first message, so hope it makes sense.

I have been having trouble with foot & ankle edema and the only way to get
it down when it gets so bad that my legs go all tight and red right up to my
knees, is to take diuretics.  The doctor doesn't like to give me this but
there seemed to be no choice.
Have also been having trouble with backaches especially at night.  Would
wake up after 2 or 3 hours sleep & by the time I worked my way out of bed
there was no point going back as I was now wide awake, so wandered around
the house trying to get rid of the aches & pains.

A while back I read on the list about putting feet up higher than the heart
for at least 1/2 hour per day.  What a good  idea!.  After 4 days I had not
found the time to do this so on the fifth day went to bed  with a book and
two extra pillows to put under my legs from the knees down.  7 hours later I
woke up, still in the same position & no backache.  Couldn't believe it. My
legs & ankles had lost their tightness but had not really gone down.
I have now been sleeping like this for the past three weeks and have had no
sign of a backache and  for the past 4 days my  legs, ankles etc have been
down and are not   very swollen at the end of the day either.  I am feeling
better than I have felt for the past 2 years, obviously because I am getting
at least 6 hours sleep a night, without any drugs, and with no backache  to
ruin the start of the day.

I was diagnosed in September '91 , I am now 53 years of age. I take Sinamet,
Sinamet CR, Parlodel.

Maybe this can help someone else with similar problems.

Pam.