My father has been diagnosed with PD for about 2 years. A friend of his who
is an armchair physician convinced him to smoke 2 ciggarettes a day. At first
I was furious and my dad refused for a while. He hates ciggarettes more than
anything.
But, eventually he gave in and I have to say he actually seems better. His
tremor is less severe and for an hour or two after he smokes he gets up out
of his chair easily and has a stronger voice.   This all may be
psychological, I really don't know - either does he. We told his doctor and
his doctor just scoffed and told him that was stupid and he should quit. Now
I am not so sure and wish that more doctors would take a look at what ever
dynamic nicotine (or whatever else is in ciggarettes) causes in the PD brain.
 I would never want to encourage anyone to start smoking but reluctantly I
have to admit that there is an improvement in my dad, however slight and for
whatever reason.