>The following is not about PD per se, but is concerned with how people
>access the list.  The message from Michel Margosis quoted at the end of
>this message sparked the desire for me to try and assist my companion
>cyber-citizens.

---
>I give Internet presentations at one of my local bookshops.  A common
>question beginners (and even somewhat "seasoned" 'Net sufers) have is: what
>is the difference between a "Commercial Provider" (COM) like AOL,
>Compuserve, Prodigy, etc, and an "Internet Service Provider" (ISP)?

Thank you for your information that I needed.  I appreciate you starting this
thread of discussion.
Those of us who pay $3.95 an hour don't realize instead of $50 & higher bills
we could be paying
$20 a month for unlimited Internet Access ($30 if we're committed to keeping
our online service account) and still save money.

I think it has some relevance to Parkinson's in that I used up my 5 hours for
the month just last weekend searching the web, the newsgroups, and  signing
up & understanding this list serv.  I have 3 weeks left at $3 an hour.  I
appreciate the info from everyone who contributed  & I'm going to figure out
which one to call  (before I have to get another job to pay my increasing AOL
bill while nervously waiting for the appt with a Neuro next month)

Scared but thankful for you guys,
Barb S.