Dear Bill: Thank you very much for responding about the survey. I haven't had
much feedback and I think the points you raise are quite valid. I wish you
would post your remarks to the whole list.

I am a scientist and I knew this was not a scientific survey but was curious
what the responses would show. I am well-aware that insomnia is a tremendous
problem in PD after watching over two people in my family for over 33 yrs.
collectively with PD. One of these people is also a Univ. Prof. with a great
deal of stress and responsibility and has worked fulltime for the entire
10yrs since diagnosis. It is a nightmare with the sleep problems. I wish we
could find some relief. If you can think of some other way to pose this
question to the List and get some good feedback please do so or tell me what
you think would work and I'll do it. It's such a global problem that if we
could put our collective heads together (900+) we should be able to find a
variety of solutions that would ultimately work for everyone.

I listened to Public Radio tonite as they discussed research on some brain
cells (in rats or mice) that control the final stages of falling asleep. They
were very excoted about discovering these cells and are trying to find what
triggers them into action hence the key to "natural" sleep. Why doesn't
someone study sleep in PD since deprivation seems to be pretty universal and
figure out what the disease does to the sleep center?

Thansk again for your response.

Delana Vaughan