I'm taking the liberty of going off topic just briefly since we have so many
people knowledgeable about so many things...
My daughter will be spending a college semester abroad this Spring (beginning
Jan.25th) in Italy. Unfortunately there is no hookup via modem to a
university system account over there probably because this is a "field study"
program not under the auspices of an Italian university.

I've heard that Compuserve may facillitate this kind of independent
connection from abroad. Maybe America Online will too. Does anyone have any
info on this or suggestions?

Many thanks.

Delana Vaughan