I am curious about the mechanism that governs the brain's reaction to the
method of administering sinemet. Approximately 6 weeks ago I began a liquid
sinemet regime because my off-periods became more frequent, lasted longer
and were more severe. I did not change the number of sinemet 25/100 (8 tabs)
I was taking and kept my permax dosage the same (.25 mg x 4). I experienced
a wonderful 4 weeks of stability and then the "honeymoon" was over!!!
So, I switched back to taking the sinemet the conventional way and again
found peace and tranquility -- this lasted for two weeks. Now, I am
beginning to crash again and am planning to switch back to the liquid form.
It seems that my brain gets "fooled" for a while??
The second question is: if I am lucky enough to be able to go to sleep while
in the midst of severe tremor and bradykinesia (having taken my last dose an
hour prior to going to bed) and wake up several hours later, I have no
symptoms for about an hour. I do not take medications during the night. Is
there a dopamine resevoir that gets manufactured during sleep?
Has anyone experienced similar phenomena, can someone point me to literature
that may answer my questions? Thanks for your input.
Regards,
Margaret Tuchman (54/15yrs.diag)