I've deleted my mail messages so can't properly thank the person who set up
"ourworld" on the Web.  What a job!  Well done!

I was looking through the messages regarding stimulation surgery and found
what I think is a misunderstanding, especially perhaps among those whose
first language isn't English.  The material speaks of the "lead" being
implanted.  This is not the element, lead (pronounced "led"; chemical
symbol Pb); it a wire lead-ing from the stimulator (in the thalamus) to the
battery (in the chest).  There should be no concern about "lead poisoning"
from this surgery.

Joanne Sandstrom