>>I'm holding a single CD-ROM -- a shiny plastic disc like those
>>used for music. It contains the complete text of every article
>>published for an entire year in the Journal of the American Medical
>>Association, the Archives of Internal Medicine, the Archives of
>>Family Medicine, the Archives of Surgery, the Archives of
>>Neurology and several other medical journals.
>>
>>With a few keystrokes or clicks of a mouse you can search
>>thousands of pages of text for the latest information about
>>hundreds of diseases.
>>
>>It could be handy if a doctor wanted to check his recollection
>>of an article describing the best treatment for your disease.
>>The disc costs $9.95.
>
>Could you provide me with some more information about that marvelous
CD-
>ROM - the price of $9.95 almost seems imbelievable to me, as some
other
>journals I know are a lot more expensive on CD ROM. Can you tell me
the
>manufacturer's address (Email or URL?) so that I can ask for some
>information (concerning shipping those CDs to Germany).

The author of that newspaper article included his e-mail address for
feedback. As most of the time, I was just the 'delivery boy'. I do know that
it is amazing what can be put on a CD rom. The cost of $9.95 is for the cost
of a BLANK CD Rom.

The authors remarks should have been prefaced with "If only,". Subscriptions
to the journals can be several hundred dollars EACH for a year. It's
unlikely that they would give their information away, and even if they did,
no compiler of the information would do their work for gratis.

There is no 'free lunch'....except that provided by the volunteers on the
parkinsn list.

John Cottingham    "The parkinsn list brings Knowledge, Comfort, Hope, and
                    Friendship to the parkinsonian world."
                    Parkinson's Chat on the Undernet 8:30 PM CST -6 Daily.
                    If you access the Internet through a provider with a
[log in to unmask]     PPP/SLIP account, free IRC chat software is available. WFD