Perhaps too much has already been said about hazardous auto drivers, but
as one who has logged well over a million miles as a private driver in
California's crowded, rude, and semi-competent traffic, I offer my 2c
worth:
-California has a scheme where commercial parking facilities reserve
special convenient spaces for handicapped drivers, who must display a
placard obtained from the DMV after a request by their physician.
There is a stiff fine for using a privileged space without a placard.
As a PD patient, I would definitely not care to apply.
-There are plenty of laws protecting the rights of handicapped people,
including the right to drive an auto using any number of mechanical
aids. On the road you have to be ready to meet all levels of caution
and competence. I see a lot of drivers whose maneuvers suggest they are
mentally handicapped, but I have never connected a hazardous move with
a driver who is physically handicapped.

Cheers, Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road