Delana: On Fri, 12 Jan you wrote:

>.... I am well-aware that insomnia is a tremendous problem in PD after
watching over two people in my family for over 33 yrs.
........It's such a global problem that if we could put our collective heads
together (900+) we should be able to find a variety of solutions that would
ultimately work for everyone.

>I listened to Public Radio tonite as they discussed research on some brain
>cells (in rats or mice) that control the final stages of falling asleep.
> They
>were very excoted about discovering these cells and are trying to find what
>triggers them into action hence the key to "natural" sleep. Why doesn't
>someone study sleep in PD since deprivation seems to be pretty universal
> and
>figure out what the disease does to the sleep center?>
>Thansk again for your response.>
>Delana Vaughan

I happened on the following on the net (although I have not checked it out
yet) and I thought I would share the info:

"Notice of Available Sleep Study
The Parkinson's Center of St Joseph's Hospital - Milwaukee has been awarded
a grant from the DuPont Pharm. Company to study sleep disorders in
Parkinson's disease patients. Volunteers are needed to participate in the
six month study.  People with Parkinson's disease who are taking Sinemet,
have disturbed sleep, and live in the Milwaukee/Waukesha County area are
eligible for the study. Sinemet will be provided at no cost for those who
are selected to participate. Participants will be compensated for their time
during the study. For further information, please call (414)871-6988."
Perhaps there are people on the list who live in the area?

Regards,
Margaret Tuchman