Not sure what's going on here, but I DID post a reference on this subject
a few days ago in Part 1 of the January "Current Science Reviews" and I
know it got out because I got comment from individual readers. For those
still not on board, if you can get to a medical library, look for two
articles in the British Medical Journal for 16 December 1995.

If you can't get the original articles, I will summarize by noting that
Eldepryl has been the subject of scientific dispute for several years
now, and technical papers tend to be strongly partisan for or against.
The troubling conclusion about mortality is based upon raw statistics
(Elderly PD patients tend to have shortened life spans for a variety
of reasons) and a clear cause/effect relation has yet to be
established. I wouldn't be surprised to see a reply from the opposing
forces, in defense of Eldepryl. I can't advise one way or the other,
but if the FDA should revoke its approval, that would be convincing.

Cheers, Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road
Sherman Oaks CA 91403