Thanks Barbara for your welcome message.

I have joined the list to get some info. and support for my father who has
recently been diagnosed with Parkinsons. He has been clinically depressed
for the past 3 years and has had shaking in his right arm for about 2, which
seems to be getting more frequent and  to be related to stressful
situations. He also has had psoriatic arthritis for approx. 36 years (he is
now 73) and has lost much of the use of his hands as they are now quite
badly twisted.

His feelings of uselessness and embarrassment are making him unwilling to
interact with people, and when he has to do this, he is often so tense that
he cannot speak, making him more embarrassed and anxious.

I am very saddened by all this and would like to at least help him by
getting him some information from other people who share some of his
experiences (I have given him some printouts from the arthritis list, which
he appreciated).

Rather than ask any specific questions at the moment, I'll have a look at
the archives first. But if anyone can point to something that would be
particularly helpful/relevant I would appreciate it.

Best wishes to everyone

Vanda

(Vanda Corrigan, [log in to unmask])