from todays Detroit Free Press.  Michigan Supreme Court Justice Dorothy
Comstock Riley has been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, but she says she
will remain on the bench. "I absolutely plan to stay on until I complete my
term." which expires in 2001, she said Thursday. Riley,71 said she sought
medical help in late December when she had problems with her balance.  She
said the illness, a neurological disorder that causes trembling and rigid
muscles only affects her balance and her voice. "My voice gets real soft, and
I have a soft voice anyway." she said, adding that she told the other
justices of her condition two weeks ago.        thought you all might be
interested in this