Delana; I just want to thank you for sending me the  "model-fluctuation"
print.
I fially retrieved the 11 pages 555-565 from Columbia. Those 11 pages are not
 the original article, but merely the section "Letters to the Editor" of
which only
page 555 is relevant. ( J.Neurol.Neurosurg.Psychiatr. 1995;59:555-565,Letter)
The"Letter"  on  555 cites 4 references, 2 of which go back to the J
Neurol.Neurosurg.
Psychiatr.
 1   Rodriguez,M etal,"Motor response toapomorphine and levodopa in
asymetric Parkinson's Disease" J.Neurol.Neurosrg.Psychiatr.1994;57:562-6
 2   ibid. Kemperer, PA, JNNP;1989;52:718-25."Levodopa peripheral
pharmokinetics and duration of motor response in Parkinson's disease."
What do I think of the Letter?  The author seems to equate "OFF" with
"dyskinesia"
and makes a point that the amplitude of the response curves are not changed,
the  theshhold is  lower.   He concludes that  "with holding levodopa for as
long as possible may deprive patients  of a period of benefit wihout
complications."
This idea, as you know,  has come up before,  but to tell you the truth, I do
not have the background to comment.   Apomorphine is also the subject of
several studies  lately.
I   do not feel like belaboring the subject just now.  There's So MUCH else
to think about.
Mary