> Oh, I almost forgot to say something about HC symptoms (but you may know
> them from your gf's family): They are hyperkinetic (means 'too much')
> movements, mostly in the remote ends of arms and legs, but can also be
> seen in the face - while in most PD cases the problem is the contrary,
> hypokinetic movements (means 'too little'). Most of those choreatic
> movements in HC are a lot more coarse than the fine movements associated
> with PD's tremor.

To add to Stephen's comments:   Huntingtons is also a disease that has a
psychiatric component in that before the symptoms occur, the patient
frequently develops paranoia.  That symptom may increase as the movement
disorder becomes evident and may remain through the duration.
Huntingtons is also a terminal disease. The wide majority of patients
require custodial care because of the complex nature of end-stage symptoms.

It would be wise to determine whether your friend is capable of handling
the information we have provided.  It is important for you to be aware
that she will require the support of her friends as her mother's symptoms
increase.
-----
Peace
Mary Ann