About Huntington's and PD--in our support group we have an unfortunate
situationof a man who has had PD since about a year after he and his wife were
married (20 yrs. ago) and his wife who developed Huntington's at about the
same time!  She has been in a local nursing home for many years now, and is
very debilitated, and he visits hr daily, despite his own increasingly bad
PD (lots of dyskinesia, etc. )  She has been near death more than once. He
says that if he had to choose whether to have the test for HD that is now
available,*he*would decline it, rather than live in the shadow of *surety*,
but that is a very individual choice--and an excruciatingly hard one. The
suggestion that the girl friend have good advice and support,(and perhaps couns
eling for them both) makes a lot of sense to me.
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter,76/6+