Dear Patricia Yothers, Edwin P., & Bev S.
I alslo experienced my first symptoms of PD after surgery: a biopsy on lymph
glands above the clavicle.  Numerous doctors attributed the subsequent
tremor, pain, and stiffness in my lefy hand to damage done during the probing
near my thorasic outlet.  The original lymph swelling cited as the reason for
the biopsy was caused by steroids given for "arthritis" which turned out to
be a bone spur on my shoulder.  All of this delayed diagnosis of PD for
almost two years.

Subsequent surgeries for the spur and three other unrelated problems meant
more painkillers before the meperidine danger was discovered; I'm declining
any more more repairs!  A recent sciatic attack, October 95,  sent me to the
emergency room with all medications in hand, including Eldepryl.  I hadn't
heard about the possible interaction between Demerol and Elderpryl, and
neither had the emergency room doctor.  I was given a shot of Demerol and a
follow-up prescription for the same.  I was lucky and suffered no reaction.
 Now I'll know better.  Thanks PD information exchange--no telling how many
lives you safeguarded.

I am 60, 1.5 years diagnosed, taking Eldepryl 5 MG x 2 per day, and now
wondering and worrying about that since the UK study.

Kathy K.