I have read yesterday's message of Jeffrey and subsequent requests of
informations.
I had also got some vague news about this "different" approach to relieveing
pain (physical instead of chemical) talking to my "allergologist" (then he is
not in the field!!!); he made the following remarks which I think of interest:
1) the system acts with a switch and can be turned on/off when one pleases
2) It apprently stops/reduces tremor and has a minor side effects: in some cases
(not all) it may render speech a bit more difficult (but You can turn it off to
speak on the telephone and turn it on to eat)

I then decided to try searching our "list".
I searched for "electric" and got back many messages and amongst them there is a
digest of scientific references with short abstracts that indicates that this
(or variation of this) has been and is being performed in Grenoble (France)
since a while.
The message is Number 3430 "Deep Brain Stimulation References"

There are also other two messages 4758 4831 "Thalamic stimulation Systems"
that can be of interests.
(Sorry I printed the files and deleted them and lent the printout to my
sister... so I cannot be more specific.!!!)
It would be good if someone that has access to the scientific magazines referred
there could post larger excerpts.

I think that if someone has access to more explicatory, lay scientific
description it would be of great help.

I will also try to see if I can get some comments from peoples who have used the
device.

Marco Bozzo
(I read for my mother who has Parkinson since approx 15 years)