I've been "lurking" here for about 3 weeks and it's time I introduced myself.
I live in the Ottawa, Ontario are and am an active member of the
Parkinson's Society of Ottawa-Carleton (which has something like 700 members).

A member of the family has Parkinson's although mercifully it is
progressing very slowly so far - moderate tremor and sleeping problems
(presumably caused by Deprenyl).

We are watching this list with great interest, not only for the family but
also to pass on ideas and tips to our members - very few of whom seem to
be computer users.

I edit "The Parkinson Paper", our quarterly journal and might wish to
include material from the list at some time. I would, of course, seek
permission from the writer first. Does anyone have any strong objections
to reproduction of material under any circumstances?

... Second movement: Allegro -

When reading the article from the N.Y.Times, reproduced in this list about
a week ago, I was greatly amused by the following:

" ... she has shed the crippling yolk of depression ... "

--
      * * * * Arthur Palmer * * * *
         * * Nepean, Ontario * *