The following is a story from my past in which I was able to find humor in
my otherwise frustrating struggle with PD:

The movie, "SPEED",  was showing at a nearby theater one evening and I
debated on taking Sinemet before going. I decided that tremoring in a dark
movie theater or afterwards would not be a problem so off I went to the
show. The movie was fast-paced and between my adenaline rush and the lack
of dopamine in my system, I was tremoring quite a bit as the movie
concluded. On the way out, I stopped off at the Men's Room..............

While standing at the urinal, I discovered that I was unable to grab my
zipper and the concentrated effort was causing my hand to actively shake
and jerk. With people waiting behind me and this hand action going on, I
suddenly wondered how this might look to others, a grown man standing at a
public urinal with his right hand at crotch level in a jerking motion.

*Footnote: Men do not typically converse or look left-or-right while
utilizing this type of bathroom fixture (Guys, you knew this....ladies,
consider this a lesson in Men's Toilet Behavior)

Realizing that an explanation of any kind would have to encompass a
discussion of PD symptoms and trying to imagine what this must look like to
people waiting behind me, I started laughing. Then, the absurdity of the
whole situation hit me. A grown man standing at a public urinal, his hand
at crotch level jerking back and forth and laughing, proved to be too much
for me. I turned and left and wonder to this date (though I'm not
concerned) what the others might have thought. I laughed all the way
home...I'd finally found something to truly laugh at in regards to this
horrid disease.

I hope this post brought you a smile...I didn't intened to offend anyone.
Rather, I hope I educated others without PD or those with early-symptoms of
the kinds of predicaments that can occur in one young person's (37, that's
still young, huh?) life.

Thanks for listening.

David "waiting on mid-summer palidotomy" Boots