I have been away from my MAC for two weeks and may never catch up, but I do
feel that a few of our experiences were worthy of  time and space on the
network....
E MAIL VISITAtion: We were first connected by e-mail, and then  thru a  visit
with them at their home in Naples;, my wife and I were hosted by a delightful
couple Denise and Dick Praz, who demonstrated their unique way of coping with
PD.  On parting, we recognized the need for a network of destination sites to
provide one-on-one contacts with other PD families across the country.
 Perhaps a list of  willing new friends at interesting sites could be
developed and exchanged. My CG and I certainly benefitted from  the day or so
 that we extended our itinerary..
NEXT TRIP: for us (Dave n Lyn) will be to Louisville KY from Feb thru April.
   We would appreciate "contacts" with support groups, etc.; and are prepared
to actively participate in local PD programs.
SPEECH TREATMENT: It turns out that speech/communication problems are among
the most common and least tended to disabililties in the PD spectrum.  We
recently received a large collection of reprints and brochures from a
specialized group in Denver, who seem to be dedicated to this impairment, and
have devoted much research effort to diagnosis and treatment. We plan to
integrate this with a program already in progress at a nearby rehab center,
and will make additional reports to whoever is interested.  Will also report
on a sophisticated new voice amplification unit demonstrated briefly by
another PD couple; old friends re-united by the e-net now living  on
Florida's east coast.
SUGAR/INSULIN/SINEMET CONNECTION: This phenomenon was mentioned in a recent
(12 Jan)  posting from Don Voegeli; and was explained in considerable detail.
We discovered this reaction by accident and thought we had the "cure" for PD
in our hands; until our Neurologist deflated  the incident as an example of
an already known phenomenon.  In brief, when a routine dosage of PD meds gave
no relief, I took a spoonful of granulated sugar by mouth, and in five
minutes was walking, balancing, speaking, etc better than I had in years.
Unfortunately, this insulin -invoking maneuver only works occasionally ,
  darnit                                     COMMENTS: eagerly sought and
will be answered......

                                                                         Dave
n Lyn