Ronald:
Yes, more should be explained to the newly diagnosed Parkinson patient at the
time of finding out this new found reality.  Maybe a phamplet suggesting the
many feelings a person will go through and that they are to be expected.  If
one has gone through a death of someone important to them, they may be
familiar with the different stages of shock, denial, bargaining, fear,
acceptance, etc. and the fact they can overlap or happen in any sequence or
return at different times.  Being diagnosed with PD is like a death - of the
old self and now you will be someone else, starting a new life.  This
information is sometimes mentioned by the physician but often forgotten in
his/her familiarity with the physical aspects of the disease for which
his/her prescriptions will be the "important" part of the treatment.  With a
handout the patient that wants to know can have a means to understand the
emotional side a little better.  The person who can't even comprehend what is
happening and can't face it anyway, can take information with him/her for
later reading.
Is this what you were asking or am I off base?
This could be an interesting disease if it wasn't happening to me!!!
Patricia