I happpened to be in therapy when I was diagnosed with PD.  My therapist (in
NYC) required weeklly attendance in group therapy.

I found it most helpful to deal with the loss, and credit this experience
with my subsequent and current adjustment which Is quite good.  I worked 9
years after Diagnosis and am now in the 4th year of
of retirement..

I would not seek treatment for the psychological aspects of carrying this
disease from a traditional support group.

Would like the comments of some of the therapists on the network:  Is it
possible (practical), and would it be effective to bring a skilled trained
therapist into a support group for a series of sessions, or on a bi-monthly
or monthly basis?  Seems to me the experience of working these issues of loss
out with a group of true peers could be a richer and more meaningful
experience than with just any collection of people or in individual sessions.

Dick
Naples FL