Hello everyone, I'm new to the list. My mother has had pd for 14 years. She
is 73 years old.  Her medication is sinemet 25/100mg and she takes one pill
in the morning and one pill at nite.  Amantadine 100mg. 2 pills a day.  She
takes blood pressure pill, niacin tablet, potassium and a sleeping pill at
nite which is meprobamate.  She has always been told she is undermedicated
but does okay at this level.  She has good days and bad days.  She underwent
a thalamotomy last April with mixed results.   It stopped the trembling in
her right arm but not her right leg.  However it did seem to free up her
general movement which was great.  She also had speech trouble after but that
seems to have disappeared.  She does have slight confusion but  can still
cook and clean and is pretty normal although her energy level is low.  The
problem started after she had leakage in her right eye and it blocked her
vision.  This started in November.  She has since had laser surgery in this
eye.  Since all this happened she has started halucinating.  It scared her at
first but she is aware and knows that they are not real.  We have decreased
the sinemet to 1 1/2 pills per day and she is tolerating that well but she is
still seeing things.  Her doctor is out of town until the end of the month.
 My question is has anyone else experienced this or know of someone and did
the halucinations go away or are they something that will continue?   I would
appreciate any insight that anyone can give!

sincerely,

Cynthia Houser([log in to unmask])