Dear Margaret - I need some information about Amitriptyline and saw on your
response to Patrick's survey that you are on this medication.  My mother - 82
years old, diagnosed with PD about 5 years ago, also suffers with arthritis
and fibrositis (fibromyalgia).  Presently, she takes a total of l l/2 Sinemet
CR (50/200) and l/2 regular Sinemet (25/100) per day.  Her rheumatologist and
neurologist are having a tough time coming up with medications to help her
because she develops very uncomfortable side effects.

     She was on l0 mg. of Prozac to help her get more restorative sleep (they
explained that it alters the perception of pain and also addresses the
depression factor).  She did okay with it for a number of months but as of
late found that it made her more anxious and was sleeping poorly again.

     What has been your experience with it?  Unfortunately, I have read some
rather negative information about it - but in the context of when it is used
to treat depression.

  Also, you mentioned that you exercise and do "Feldenkreis movements"  -
what are they??

     Please respond when you're up to it - Thank you!    Cathy Smith