On Monday, 22 Jan 96, I winged my way to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minn.
for a visit with my treating neurologist.  My last visit was in May 1995.  I
was concerned about my medication schedule since I was getting wear off
symptoms in the afternoon.  Likewise, I was concerned about the Eldeptyl
medication I have been taking for the past five years, or so.  I had faxed
him the posting about the UK study back on 16 Dec 95, for which he greatly
appreciated and read the entire study himself.  He knows Dr. Lees (involved
in the study) personally and has a great deal of respect for his insight.
 Thus, folks I was advised to discontinue Eldepryl.  He also advised me he
will be discussing this medication with his movement disorder colleagues and
unless there is any convincing evidence to the contrary in the discussions I
will be off this medication permanently. I pass this on to the net not to
cause fear but only to enlighten you of what at least one neurologist who
devotes his practice to PD has, for the moment at least, has concluded. Peace
to all.

Jim Ryan
56/7
Medication schedule: 1 1/2 Sinemet & 1/2 Permax at 6 am, 10 am, 2 pm, 6 pm