Hello Jill

Sorry to hear abt Dad.   As caregiver for my wife Joyce who has had PD for 12
years
I can tell you only that everyone is completely different as far as symptoms,
progression, medications and mental attitude.

Some suggestions I can offer to you and Dad would be to (A) seek the best
movement disorder neurologist you can find,   (B) make contact with your
local Parkinson's Foundation to receive both the latest literature and (C) if
Dad is willing, to join a Young (meaning newly diognosed) support group and
finally (D) COME HERE OFTEN TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS related to PD.

BTW,  there is also a caregiver support list separate from this one.

Contact:   [log in to unmask]

for more information

good luck to you and Dad.

Chuck