   I recently saw a posting here that made a reference to the cause of PD being
related to co-dependency and the inability to express feelings. While I am
extremely open to the freedom we all need to express our ideas, I must take
exception to this one.
   Not that I want to get on the ground floor of an arguement about brain
chemistry and emotions, but science has pretty well proven that depression is a
result of PD, not the cause. Nor have I seen any scientific evidence of someone
being cured of PD by breaking co-dependent personality patterns. If there is
such verifiable evidence, I know we all would be extremely interested.
   Casting blame of the root cause of PD can be an interesting adventure, but
the fact remains that we have PD and we must individually deal with it on a hour
by hour basis for the rest of our lives. I don't know of anyone who doesn't want
to be cured. It is our great hope, our dream, and one of the motivations for
being a part of this list. We all listen and watch for any sign, any method,
that will improve the quality of our life. Many will jump at the chance to try
something, anything, which offers a glimmer of hope.
   It is inherent for us who are members of the PD community to offer each other
all the help and love we can gather. That requires speaking as honestly as we
can when we share ideas, and to base our promotions on proven methods. Freedom
of speech may allow me to say that BBQ cures PD, but a moral obligation prevents
me from promoting it as a fact. While a plunge into psychotherapy might be the
best method of dealing with PD for some, it isn't a proven cure, at least not
yet.
  Also: Boyd in Memphis wrote "Have a great weekend and 'Go Steelers!'"
  In the spirit of oneupmanship I must say "Have a great life and "GO COWBOYS!"
Thank you.