From: Brian Symonds   <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Rich
In this listserv I don't think you have to worry about "going out on a limb",
and I'm sure everyone is interested in your ideas and experience. We all
dream of a "Lorenzo's Oil" type revelation for this disease, and the people
it affects.
Since we know so little not only about what neurotransmitters do, let alone
what the controls are on the development of their production in our brains as
we develop, it is hard to know what to say about your theories of the
relationship between the symptoms of Parkinsons and the symptoms of anxiety
and depression type states. Perhaps someone who is more knowledgeable about
the current understanding of neurotransmitters will have some enlightening
comments.

As to the comments about advising people who are diagnosed with Parkinsons
about grief or loss reactions, I suspect it is not done because no one thinks
to do it. I haven't, but perhaps I will now, having seen the suggestion.
Unfortunately, we often react to things after they have happened, rather than
predicting the occurrence of things, and proactively getting ready for them.
If people handle loss and grief reasonably well, no one suggests counselling
or even reading that will help them understand the process. It is the people
who don't cope very well who usually get the help.

I will be interested in hearing how you get along over time.