Hi,

This post is to ask if anyone has any suggestions/comments for a survey I
hope to run about Parkinson web users.

-------

If we are to make the best use of all this Internet stuff, we need to
convince the rest of the Parkinson's world that it is worth joining us.

When established organisations agree to make their information available on
the Internet, then more individuals will join to read it, which will
provoke more content, etc. - a virtuous circle.

To convince organisations to take the plunge we need to have some idea of
the potential audience. We can then approach national societies with "There
are 400 of your members on this Internet thing, you ought to take it
seriously" etc.

Therefore I propose putting a survey on my web site, and hopefully lots of
people will come and tell us things like:
        - where they are
        - what organisations they are members of
        - what their involvement with PD is
        - specifics about their PD if appropriate
        - how many other people feed information to
        - etc.

Using this information we can get a profile of the people interested in
Parkinson's who can access the Web. (it doesn't matter that people who
don't have access to the web can't participate - the intention is to find
out how many people can).

Obviously if we are going to do this, its worth doing well. Results will
benefit all of us, not just content providers.

If you have any feelings or comments about the questions that should be
asked, or anything else about the survey, please mail me privately (i.e.
create a new message!) to:

I can also point you to a test version of the survey page if you are interested.

I'll probably run the survey during March, and will post a message to the
list at that time.

The technology I use to do this makes taking surveys on the web quite easy,
and I would be happy to help with surveys on concerning other areas of PD.

Regards,

Simon

--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: [log in to unmask]
New Information Paradigms                  Work Phone: +44 1344 778783
http://www.nipltd.com/                     Work Fax:   +44 1344 772510
=============== Life is too precious to take seriously ===============