I have decided to try and write a series of letters
promoting passage of the Udall Bill.  I am presuming
that most if not all of you are interested.  To me,
passing the Udall  Bill is the single most important
thing anyone who has Parkinson's can do.  The infusion
of $100 million per year into our medical research
facilities WILL RESULT IN A CURE and WILL CUT YEARS OFF
THE TIME REQUIRED TO DO SO.
I asked myself why more people have not aggressively
pushed their Senators and Representative to co sponsor
the Udall Bill.  I feel there are three parts of the
equation for success;

1)MOTIVATION -- For most of us having Parkinsons
should provides that

2)FACTS -- The Parkinson Action Network has pages of
information

3)CONFIDENCE  YOU CAN SUCCEED - This must be the area
where we are lacking. There are many  people who have
been very successful.  Most in fact who have taken the
time to actually visit their Congressman have been
successful.  Maybe we need testimony from each of you
who have been successful to tell you story here on this
list, now at the beginning of 1996,
THE YEAR WE MUST PASS THE UDALL BILL.

Just as we share our pain, suffering, humor, information
ect,  perhaps if we shared our political success stories
it would provide the confidence to those who need just a
little bit to put them over the top.

So here is the first call to arms in my part of the
battle to cure Parkinson's Disease - EVERYONE WHO HAS
HAD SUCCESS WITH A SENATOR OR REPRESENTATIVE,  TELL YOUR
STORY.

Your story may provide the confidence that one more
person needs,
and that one more person may convince one more
legislator
and one day in 1996 that one more legislator is going to
be the one we need to put us over the top.