Hello:  This is my opening message.  Age 69, about two years into PD,
retired, but doing a heap of work as Exec Dir of The National Assn of
Therapeutic Wilderness Camps, Inc. Taking three times a day; Sinemet 25/100,
deprenyl, twice a day, plus multi-vits.  I have read only a relatively small
amount of the articles available, but am connected plenty by the
"psychological" entries.
Stress seems to be the most difficult area to deal with so far.  Relatively
mild tremors, some pain while sitting and sleeping but boy, howdy, panic
seems to come all too easily.
Do some of you feel that your body does the panic, not your mind-reaction to
outside factors? I read this and wonder, but it's the best I can do to
describe my reaction.  The panic also seems to stem from some of my earliest
emotional learning experiences, in that I "feel" or "experience" emotions
that seem to be from the earlier experience. Replicas, if that makes sense.
Also, short term recall troubles but patience helps that.
I was very interested in the self-hypnosis notation, I hope whoever ran it
will follow through.
I would appreciate any comments from those using some form of chemical
control of anxiety attacks as I plan to mention this to my neuro next time.
(June)
On a lighter note, fishing helps, especially for the exercise.
I appreciate getting to know those of you who contribute, it's a little like
coming in out of the rain.
Archie
Archie Buie
Executive Director, The National Association of Therapeutic Wilderness
Camps, Inc.
4270 Hambrick Way        Phone: 404-508-1036  Fax: 404-508-1514
Stone Mountain, GA 30083

Watch for NATWC's HomePage, coming soon...