Dear all
  Hi, my name is Alwin Chuan, a research officer in the University of
Sydney, Australia. My work is involved in the localisation of gene(s)
responsible for PD.
  In the medical literature, there are reports of families where 2 or
more first-degree relatives have PD. In my files, I have several such
families; in one particular family there are affecteds in three
generations (6 out of 10 kids in one generation were affected).
  Another family has a grandmother, her daugther, and 2 out of 3
grandchildren affected. An interesting factor emerged from this family:
in each successive generation, they got PD earlier (called "anticipation"
in genetic terminology), and the grandchildren were diagnosed during
their teens (juvenile-onset PD).
  Most neurologists believe that cases such as these represent approx 5%
of all PD cases, ie. there is at least another first-degree relative with
PD. A genetic link is suspected.
  I can be contacted at:

name:           Alwin Chuan
        (working under A/Prof Garth A. Nicholson)

snail-mail:     c/Molecular Medicine Laboratory
                Concord General Hospital
                Concord, Sydney
                NSW     AUSTRALIA  2139

Tel (work):     +61 736 6864