Margaret Mates
zip:63701
age: 62   wt:170   sex:female
Yrs.PD 4 (but officially diagnosed:2)  Yrs.Meds: 2
Medical indications: Parkinsonian (slow,stiff,sore,tremor)
Medications:
Carbi-levadopa/L-Dopa (When first diagnosed worked up to 25/100
   3 X day.  Experimented and found I can get along on 1/4 tab
   2 X day.)
Sinemet CR (25/100)  Have a supply of this and find that by switching
   between it (1/2tab  1 X day) and the generic I get along OK. No
   set schedule for switching; sometimes I combine it: 1/2tab Sinemet
   as first morning dose and 1/4 tab generic.  Kind of go according
   to how my brain and feet are doing.  If brain feels "fat" and feet
   are scuffling and short stepping I switch to what I wasn't taking.
   It seems like switching makes the meds more effective for a while.
   My version of a drug holiday.Tremor continues to worsen no
   matter what the medicine dose and in fact I suspect the meds might
   be making it worse.
Eldepryl (When first diagnosed was up to 5mg 2 X day.  Found this drug
   was causing sore red spots on my gums; stopped taking it.)