I'm new to the list.  My mother has had pd for 14 years.  She is 73 years
old.  Her medication is sinemet 25/100mg and she takes one pill in the
morning and one pill at night.  Amantadine 100mg 2pills per day.  She takes
blood pressure pill, niacin tablet, potassium and a sleeping pill at nite
which is meprobamate.  She has always been told she is undermedicated but
does okay at this level. She underwent a thalamotomy last April with mixed
results. It stopped the trembling on her right arm but didn't stop it in her
right leg.  She also had speech trouble after but is now doing well. She does
have slight confusion but can still cook and clean although her energy level
is low.  The problem started after she had leakage in her right eye and it
blocked her vision.  This started in November.  She has since had laser
surgery in this eye and the doctor has told her that her other eye is
starting to leak but very small.  She has started seeing sparkles, white
dust, spider webs, flies, things that move across the floor, worms coming out
of the carpet.  They scared her at first but she knows they are not real.  We
have decreased her sinemet to 1 1/2 pills per day.  Her doctor is out of town
till the end of January.  My question is has anyone else experienced this or
know of someone and did the halucinations go away or are they something that
will continue?  I would appreciate any insight  that anyone can give!

sincerely,

Cynthia Houser ([log in to unmask])