Some comments on Dr. Fahn's welcome response to the alarming BMJ report
about Eldepryl:

- Table 3 of the report does give a sketchy unsatisfying comparison of
  "cause of death" between levodopa-only and levodopa plus Eldepryl.
- The final paragraph of the report does mention that patients getting
  Eldepryl (as the study continues) will be advised to withdraw
  selegiline (Eldepryl) from their treatment regimens.
- In view of the widespread use of Eldepryl and the long, sometimes
  acrimonious dispute over its efficacy, and the seriousness of the
  charge against its safety, I would respectfully suggest that an
  authoritative response such as Dr. Fahn's should be heard by an
  audience much larger than the 1000 or so members of this forum.
- I personally have been taking Eldepryl for about a month, find it
  very beneficial, and had already decided to keep on taking it unless
  and until my neurologist declines to renew the prescription. For
  specific observations about the effects of Eldepryl, contact me
  privately.

Cheers, Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road