>This is a fairly heavy duty charge.  I think someone on this net  who is
>qualfied ought to get to the bottom of this announcement.  What are the
>studies that have been done?  What are the results?  Why are doctors
>prescribing eldpryl?

Firstly:
        - I'm not qualified
        - I don't know the details of the study
        - So this is just my point of view!

I think you might find that in the end patients have a choice along the
lines of:
        - either on't take eldpryl and have a possibly slightly longer life
        - or take eldpryl and perhaps have a better quality of life with
          perhaps a slightly reduced life expectancy

i.e. patients are going to have a *choice* which they can discuss with
their medical advisor and make the best decision for them.

Having said that, I don't think the experts have agreed much yet.

Simon

--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: [log in to unmask]
New Information Paradigms                  Work Phone: +44 1344 778783
http://www.nipltd.com/                     Work Fax:   +44 1344 772510
=============== Life is too precious to take seriously ===============