>My older brother retired at 70 and had PD coming on just prior to
>retirement. He has been in a wheelchair most of this time pretty much
>frozen up between PD & Arthritis. And in a great deal of pain most of the
>time.  My younger brother is not so bad,

Did your brothers both show signs of PD at about the same time (by that I
mean in about the same year?) or did they both show signs at about the same
age? I would expect (and this is just speculation) that (1) if they had
exposure to an environmental agent that contributed significantly to bringing
on the disease (e.g. DDT) and (2) they had relatively equal genetic
liability/susceptibility to the disease, they perhaps would have onset at
about the same time (same year). Of course you can also argue that the
genetic component might "put off" the onset in each case until they were
roughly the same age. [Perhaps our science update provider, Mr. Bruman, has a
reference or 2 on this].

Delana Vaughan