    Jerry Finch's comments of yesterday "Proof?" prompted another favorite
topic of mine (yours too, I'll bet)... Parkinson's cures. Immediately after
my 1989 "probable cause diagnosis" I set up housekeeping in every library
within arm's reach. One of my favorite research topics was... How often is
Parkinson's disease cured? Then I discovered that ugly word "idiopathic" =
disease of unknown or uncertain cause. After adding that neat new word to my
vocabulary, methinks... "So, the buggers don't know what causes it, but
that's not my question anyway... how often is it cured?" Naive David plows
onward through volumes of data, not finding any mention of cure. Then one
evening after going to bed, and while waiting for my nocturnal motions
(term, copyright D.Boots) to abate I was reflecting on "idiopathic" and
concluded that there was a powerful implication in "disease of unknown
cause": it seemed patently evident that the definition could probably be
extended to "...of unknown cause and cure"  (I didn't sleep well that night)
    So the next morning naive David modifies his key research topic to "How
often does Parkinson's disease go into a remissive state?" To make a long
story short... the answer I obtained to both topics was "NEVER"... Oh well,
life sucks and then you die...
    Time to modify research topic again... I am a Christian of sorts and
firmly believe in healing. A couple months ago there was an attachment
included on the Parkinson's digest that was a news clip of a Parkinson's
healing that had recently occurred. There was the predictable outburst of
activity on the list server and, then as quickly as it started, it stopped.
I've seen no comments with regard to follow up on this healing.
    All right... my question to all of you is... are any of you aware of a
documented and verified case of a Parkinson's cure, remission or healing?
or in other words, in the gut brain of naive David, "Hope springs eternal"
    I'm preparing three more mailings and should have them finished in a
week or so...
        1) male impotency  (I may have to get to know you a little better
before I can            release this one...)
        2) Walk versus run... see Chris Robie's 1/14/96
        3) Levels of physical activity versus Sinemet efficacy

Thanks for listening... David