I picked Don up at SF airport Thursday evening, jet-lagged but re-tuned.
He actually had three days with the Grenoble staff.  They did lots of
on-off testing, took videos, etc.  They compromised on a setting by which
his speech and gait are improved but left foot tremor not entirely eliminated--
esp. under stress or when meds are wearing off.  We returned to our walking regi
schedule on Sunday, and Don is back on his Mon., Wed., Fri. swimming
schedule (he should be just fininishing now).

Right now it seems likely we'll be able to do the backpacking we've planned
for this summer, even if our adult children can't get time off to come.

Joanne Sandstrom