^^recurs in all of them..."concurrent administration of levodopa and an
> MAO(Monoamine Oxidase) inhibitor (deprenyl) produce agitation and
> hypertension (abnormally high blood pressure)".

My husband has severe hypertension (diagnosed prior to PD), so it is
necessary keep records of his BP readings.  Contrary to your hypothesis,
we have found no increase in his BP after deprenyl was introduced into
his med regimen.  Contrary to your hypothesis, we have always known that
Sinemet  causes hypotension, and Jamie depends on it to bring his BP
down at night.

   Additionally my drug references indicate... "Hypertensive crises have
> been noted in situations with patients using MAO inhibitors and ingesting
> cheese (especially aged cheeses), beer, wine, pickled herring, snails,
> chicken liver, yeast, large quantities of coffee, citrus fruits, canned
> figs, flava beans, chocolate and cream and their products. (Isn't that a

You may have something here.  It is a good idea for all of us to keep
this list posted incase we forget (or want to indulge).  Giving up cheese
and wine has been most difficult for Jamie--the rest he can live without.
-----
Thanks for the thoughts
Mary Ann