I can't add much to this, except to note that interest in an environmental
villain seems to be fading in favor of a genetic one. Recent research
has found genes linked to Alzheimer's Disease and Lou Gehrig Disease
(amyotropic lateral sclerosis), and both seem to be germane to PD in
that they affect production of enzymes (eg, SOD) which scavenge the bad
free radicals.
For what it's worth, the latest edition of Duvoisin's book says:
"...The relative constancy of the prevalence of the disease over the
past century argues against an industrial pollutant, herbicide or
insecticide as a causative agent."
My comment is, with limited diagnostic tools, how are we sure that the
prevalence of PD has been "constant"? And what about all the drugs that
are already known to cause parkinsonism, if not the real thing?

Cheers, Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road
Sherman Oaks CA 91403