Several CASLLers were among the pioneers who helped build the
presentation text collection during the pilot CCCC Online in 1994 (Jim
Reither, Marcy Bauman, Ann Beers come to mind--hope I didn't forget
anyone!). I hope CCCC/96 Online will also benefit from participation
from folks in this group!

--Eric
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

                                  CCCC/96 Online |
                 http://www.missouri.edu/~cccc96 |
                       ANNOUNCEMENT & INVITATION |
                *________________________________*

                             The
      Conference on College Composition and Communication
                          announces
                    The Online Resources
                  for the 1996 Convention
                        March 27-30
                       Milwaukee, WI

The web pages for CCCC/96 Online at http://www.missouri.edu/~cccc96/
include:

--Convention Information (most of the Convention Preview publication
  is available, including registration and hotel reservation forms)

--Presentation texts (a few early submissions are available now, but
  the collection will grow quickly--we hope--as the convention nears)

--Other CCCC information (currently, the flyer for the 1996 Winter
  Workshop, but information about the 1997 workshop is coming soon
  as is the call for proposals for the 1997 convention)

--Online Events & Resources (includes information and links to
  relevant lists & web publications plus dates and times of
  online meetings pertinent to CCCC members' concerns

CCCC/96 Online coordinators appreciate any comments and suggestions
about the content and design of the site. If there's something missing
that you'd like to see, please tell us! If you have ideas for how better
to present the information, please say! Write to:

|  INVITATION
*___________________

CCCC Online's primary purpose is to create an online version of the
convention, the best view we can make of the event for the benefit
of colleagues who are not able to attend or who, because of scheduling
conflicts, cannot attend all the sessions they would like to.

                           * * * * *
  Obviously, the more completely we can represent the sessions
  at the convention, the better CCCC Online will be as a resource
  for everyone.
                           * * * * *

We invite (and encourage!) presenters to share textual (or graphical,
where appropriate) versions of their sessions. Ideally, the more complete
the text, the better, so we hope folks will send complete papers (even
if in draft state at this point). But we're happy to get anything:
abstracts, outlines, cocktail napkins with notes on them, whatever.

We've tried to make it as easy as possible to submit texts. We'll
accept them via email, ftp, snailmail (on floppy disk or even in
<gasp> print. If anyone is putting their own text on the web, we'd
be glad to simply create a link to your version (you can add the
CCCC logo if you like, too!) And we have web forms available to
facilitate the submission process.

See http://www.missouri.edu/~cccc96/texts_index.html

We encourage everyone to submit something as soon as possible. Even
incomplete drafts can be updated at any time.

Send texts (or questions) to [log in to unmask]

It's OK to send attached files in word processor format, but ascii text
is usually easier for us to work with.

If you want to use FTP, login as 'anonymous' to ftp.missouri.edu
upload your file to the /contrib directory, then send email to the
above address to let us know it's there (files in /contrib expire
in a day or two).

To send disks or paper via snailmail, direct to

Eric Crump
Learning Center
231 Arts & Science
University of Missouri
Columbia MO 65211

We are very proud of CCCC95 Online and the level of participation in
the first full year of this project. We hope to improve upon the 1995
edition in every way, quality and quantity. Thanks for your help in
making that happen!

--Eric Crump
  CCCC/96 Online Coordinator
--Bryan Roesslet
  CCCC/96 Online Webster

CCCC Online is supported by the Conference on College Composition and
Communication and by the University of Missouri and is coordinated by
the CCCC Computers in Composition and Communication committee.