Today, after the second version of the magazine scam within a week, I
have finally put my principles in my back pocket and asked Steve Younker,
our LISTSERV manager, to make REED-L a closed list. Any messages from
non-subscribers will be bounced back to me and if they are not
spams/scams/ chain letters, etc, I'll post them myself to the list. If
anyone is interested, I have some information about the spammer behind
all this, kindly furnished by one of our members. If any of you are
annoyed enough and have time enough to follow this up, I'd be happy to
send you a copy upon request.

I am very sorry to have had to do this and to have done it arbitrarily.
But it was a fearful waste of bandwidth and there was clearly no other
way to take us out of the loop except to close the list, so I thought it
would be irresponsible to do anything else.

Thanks for all your support.

Abigail

Records of Early English Drama/ Victoria College/ 150 Charles Street W
Toronto Ontario Canada
Phone (416) 585-4504/FAX (416) [log in to unmask]
http://www.epas.utoronto.ca:8080/~reed/reed.html => REED's home page
http://www.epas.utoronto.ca:8080/~reed/reed-l.html => REED-L's home page