At 03:20 AM 2/21/1996 EST, you wrote:
>Is there anyone who could explain the origin of "Mardi Gras" in New
>Orleans? I'm grateful if you let me know any reference regards that kind
>of culture. As an Asian student, I'm not familiar with the festival.
>Does it happen to have anything to do with medieval pageants?
>        In these days, I'm reading the Chester mystery cycle plays.
>Is there any connection between medieval drama and Mardi Gras?
I know Milla Riggio has been doing work on modern carnivales;
I don't know if she's published any of it, though.  Is she on this
list?  I recall an interesting conversation on carnival with her
when she was last at UW.

--r
Roger A. Ladd              Woorde is but winde, that shal son overgon.
402 Alhambra Pl. #8                                --John Lydgate,
Madness, WI 53713                                   _Temple of Glas_
Ack.